- Tyler Seguin (Power Play) Assists: Esa Lindell, Jason Spezza
- Jimmy Vesey Assists: Marc Staal, Brett Howden
- Filip Chytil Assists: Brendan Smith
- 3: Tyler Seguin
- 2: Jimmy Vesey
- 1: Filip Chytil
- There is still a ton of season left, we aren’t even through the second month, but this 8-1-1 run by the Rangers has certainly been fun to watch.
- One of the biggest reasons why this run ha been fun to watch is because of the players making it happen. It’s big plays and scoring from guys that will either be part of the future and/or making a push to how they should be.
- Jimmy Vesey falls into the latter category but he is making a big case to be part of the future. It’s not just the goal, which was terrific, but his energy and effort level are erasing the inconsistencies of his first two seasons.
- It’s almost certain that, at some point this year, Filip Chytil will go through another slump and cold streak, but right now we are seeing how good he can be. There will be ups and downs, but when he is going he is as special a player as the Rangers have had in a long time.
- Brady Skjei will get back into the lineup soon but it’s now two wins in a row without him in the lineup. Time and again, through the first month and a half of the season, we have seen players sit for a game or two or three and come back in and play at the level they are expected to. I’d very much believe that the same will happen when Skjei gets back in.