1:14PM: Quinn said:
- On Zuccarello, “it’s two games back to back, just being cautious.”
- On Gettinger, “I liked a lot what I saw in preseason, he’s a rangy kid, works hard, got good stick skills and has done a real good job down there. This is a warranted call up and I’m excited to see him today.
- On how Zucc felt after yesterday, “He was feeling fine. We chose to get him in, play him but not go back to back.”
- On responding to yesterday, “we talked about this as a group, you are going to lose hockey games in this league. If you look around, the league tends to be streaky. You win 4-5 and then lose one and it’s a 3-4 game losing streak. That is something we need to avoid. You are going to lose hockey games, but what are you going to do after you lose one. You gonna stop it at one or let it snowball. That was what was so encouraging after we lost the Islander game, we came back and won a few. Our mindset wasn’t what it had been over the last three weeks yesterday, right from the get-go. Puck management in the offensive zone was poor, we were very impatient, play with the puck in the neutral zone was poor. We gave up more odd-man rushes last night, 12, than we had in our four games previously combined.”
- Where will Gettinger go, “he will play with Lias and Fogarty.”
- Was it the plan to play Georgiev, “yea, it was the plan to play him.
12:50PM: David Quinn announced that Alex Georgiev will start today against the Capitals.(Stephenson)
Tim Gettinger will make his NHL debut in place of Mats Zuccarello who is sitting out as a precaution. (Stephenson)
Brendan Smith returns after two-games as a healthy scratch and will replace Tony DeAngelo. (Giannone)