David Quinn met with the media prior to the game against the Leafs and said (NYR):
- On Georgiev tonight, “they were gonna split regardless of the situation and we felt that this was the best way to do it. Georgie had a real good night the other night, gives Hank a little more rest and to play another home game and Georgie on the road.”
- On Georgiev getting experience against the Leafs, “that never hurts but regardless of where we were playing it was going to be Georgie tonight and Hank tomorrow. I was just talking about how it’s Hockey Night in Canada, Toronto, they are on a roll, great team, it’s going to be exciting regardless of who is in net.”
- On extra motivation tonight, “I jut think that when you get to see certain buildings there is just a little extra excitement.”
- Any lineup changes, “Freddy will be in and Tony will be out.”
- Why, “Tony has had a little bit of a struggle lately and I think it’s a good time to get him out and Freddy back in. Freddy does a good job of defending and taking away time and space so it might be a good game for him to get back.”
- On the Leafs, “their depth, speed, skill, they play with confidence and swagger and they should.”
DeAngelo has played in six straight games, registering one assist, a minus five and 20:22 per game.