- Anthony Beauvillier (12) ASST: Josh Bailey (24), Ryan Pulock (16)
- Filip Chytil (7) ASST: Boo Nieves (2)
- Mats Zuccarello (5) ASST: Tony DeAngelo (8), Mika Zibanejad (24)
#NYR winning 📸 in Brooklyn pic.twitter.com/lTHKY63lPO
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) January 12, 2019
Mika Zibanejad said that the Rangers were determined to win, battled hard and came up with a “really good win.” (MSG)
David Quinn said that the Rangers had a good pace to their game, were engaged and “answered the bell” with how the Isles tested their character and grit. (MSG)
Quinn said that there was an “urgency” for the game with where the Rangers are at this point in the season.
He said that they were more aggressive and decisive on the PK.
On sitting Kreider in the second, “can’t take offensive zone penalties and that has been a problem for us. He played a heck of a third period for sure.”
He said that Georgiev made a save with 15 seconds left that would have “crushed us in so many ways” had it went in.
- This one comes down to the PK and the Rangers were solid in that department today. The Isles scored right when the Kreider penalty ended but they were much better today than they were Thursday.
- They are taking way too many penalties, especially for a team that is struggling so much to kill them off, but they did a good job of killing them off, especially on that 5 on 3 and with how the Isles usually blitz the Rangers on the PP.
- The Rangers had their own 5 on 3 chance but didn’t really do anything of note with it.
- You always notice Tony DeAngelo when he’s on the ice and that goes both ways. There is no doubt the Rangers are a more formidable offensive team when he’s on the ice but does his offensive potential outweigh some of his defensive/other issues? He’s still a young player and should sit when it’s warranted but he needs a more consistent spot in the lineup.