4:45PM: David Quinn spoke on Monday and said (NYR):
- On Tony DeAngelo, “he’s in great shape, I don’t foresee it taking that much time. Maybe he will play Thursday, but he will definitely get a game before the regular season start.”
- What needs to be better in the next few games, “we will have more of our opening night roster moving forward. We’ve touched on some of the things we have to be better at. Puck management is number one, in the three games we’ve given eight scoring chances off of D-zone coverage, which is pretty good, but 27 off the rush, which is incredibly alarming. A lot of it is puck management and changes, we worked on that today.”
- On the goalies for tomorrow, “you will see both of them but I’m not sure what the time separation will be.”
- What does Staal do for young players, “he’s got a great personality, he’s a guy that you trust. He’s been through an awful lot in this league and guys respect and look up to him. In areas where these guys need to hone their skills on, Staal does a good job helping them in a lot ways.”
- Is Chytil an incumbent or does he need to earn his spot, “he needs to make the team. He’s in the process of making the team.”
- Does he have to be a top-six guy, “I wouldn’t say so, probably more top-nine than top-six.”
- On one of the three young centers possibly being a fourth liner, “there is so much to balance with where we are at and how close these guys are to being where we need them to be for us to have success this year, is it better to put a guy on the wing? The player, the personality, there is a lot that goes into that. We have the luxury of moving Strome or Vladdy to the middle depending on where those guys are at. All three of those guys have to make the team, they know that and they understand what they are going to have to do. If they all do what they are capable of doing and we have three centers of that age, if we think it gives us the best chance to win then we will do it, if not we will probably, if all three are playing well enough to be here, we will probably have to move one to the wing. There are a lot of moving parts to that.”
- How has Kakko looked, “he’s look good, very good, driven coachable.”
3:23PM: The Rangers have announced that Connor Brickley, Sean Day, Tim Gettinger, Nick Jones, and Dawson Leedahl have all been assigned to Hartford.
The Rangers currently have 20 forwards, 12 defensemen and 4 goalies in camp.
12:26PM: The Rangers have confirmed that “Group A” will play against the Islanders on Tuesday.
11:46AM: The Rangers PP units at practice for Group A are:
- Jacob Trouba, Artemi Panarin, Mika Zibanejad, Pavel Buchnevich, Kaapo Kakko (Stephenson)
- Adam Fox, Ryan Strome, Lias Andersson, Brett Howden, Vitali Kravtsov (Stephenson)
11:30AM: The Rangers Group A lines for practice today are (Stephenson)
- Artemi Panarin, Mika Zibanejad, Pavel Buchnevich
- Vitali Kravtsov, Brett Howden, Kaapo Kakko
- Brendan Lemieux, Ryan Strome, Jesper Fast
- Micheal Haley, Lias Andersson, Danny O’Regan
- Marc Staal, Adam Fox
- Brady Skjei, Jacob Trouba
- Brendan Smith, Joe Morrow
- Henrik Lundqvist
- Alex Georgiev
The Rangers Group B lines for practice are (Stephenson):
- Chris Kreider, Filip Chytil, Steven Fogarty
- Vlad Namestnikov, Greg McKegg, Boo Nieves
- Dawson Leedahl, Phil Di Giuseppe, NickJones
- Ryan Lindgren, Tony DeAngelo
- Matthew Robertson, Tarmo Reunanen
- Libor Hajek, Yegor Rykov
- Igor Shesterkin
- Adam Huska
Vinni Lettieri is listed as injured.
The Rangers play the Islanders at home tomorrow.