- Marc Staal (1) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (1), Tony DeAngelo (1)
- Mark Scheifele (1) ASST: Nikolaj Ehlers (1)
- PPG – Artemi Panarin (1) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (2), Jacob Trouba (1)
- Blake Wheeler (1) ASST: Nikolaj Ehlers (2), Ville Heinola (1)
- Jacob Trouba (1) ASST: Chris Kreider (1), Artemi Panarin (1)
- Blake Wheeler (2) ASST: Nikolaj Ehlers (3), Dmitry Kulikov (1)
- PPG – Kyle Connor (1) ASST: Josh Morrissey (1), Patrik Laine (1)
- Mika Zibanejad (1) ASST: Jacob Trouba (2), Libor Hajek (1)
- Brett Howden (1) ASST: Jesper Fast (1), Brady Skjei (1)
- EN – SHG – Brendan Smith (1) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (3)
Goalie: Henrik Lundqvist stopped 43 of 47 shots
- 3: Blake Wheeler
- 2: Jacob Trouba
- 1: Mika Zibanejad
One for the family photo album. pic.twitter.com/bmtpWfXnht
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) October 4, 2019
- There were highs and lows in this one for the Rangers but they found a way to start off the 2019-20 season with the win.
- Mika Zibanejad was excellent. Artemi Panarin and Jacob Trouba deservedly will get a lot of attention, but Zibanejad was probably the Rangers best player tonight. There were moments, especially after he tied the game where it felt like the Rangers may rethink their decision to not name a captain and instead just stitch the “C” onto his jersey.
- There is a special feeling that comes when Artemi Panarin gets the puck and it sure seems like he’s gonna score every time with that powerful/accurate shot.
- Jacob Trouba looked very much like the top-pairing defender the Rangers thought they were getting. He’s powerful on the ice, physical and while he may not be as flashy with the puck as Tony DeAngelo or Adam Fox might be, pucks go in when he has it. He’s going to have his turnovers but the positives, at least so far, heavily outweigh the negatives.
- Kaapo Kakko had some moments but he looked like a rookie and someone adjusting to a new league. I don’t think it will take long for him to adjust and it wouldn’t shock me if he too is living up to the hype by midseason.
- Henrik Lundqvist looked pretty good and very comfortable in net. He probably would like to have a couple of the Jets’ goals back, but I’m sure the Rangers themselves would like to have defended better on some of those goals as well.
- It’s the first game of the year and against a very skilled group of forwards, but the Rangers team defense needs to be much tighter going forward.