- Thomas Chabot (2) ASST: Brady Tkachuk (6), Anthony Duclair (5)
- PPG – Logan Brown (1) ASST: Jean-Gabriel Pageau (5)
- Jacob Trouba (2) ASST: Ryan Lindgren (4), Tim Gettinger (1)
- Tyler Ennis (6) ASST: Colin White (3), Chris Tierney (8)
- PPG – Anthony Duclair (10) ASST: Jean-Gabriel Pageau (6), Thomas Chabot (12)
- This was as bad as the Rangers have been this season and it’s strange, or maybe not, that they have struggled so much against the Senators in the past two games.
- The Rangers were, at best, a step behind in the first period but it looked more like they were 2-3-4 steps behind or if they didn’t even cross the border. The Sens jumped on the Rangers and the Rangers never even came close to matching them.
- All that said, the Rangers had big chances in the second period to get it back to within one or even tie it. They had the first two PPs of the period, including a 4 minute PP, but they barely put anything toward the net and squandered those opportunities.
- The Rangers PK was dreadful…again and yet they just kept taking penalty after penalty in the second period.
- The Rangers are 9-9-2 through 20 games and I think that that record perfectly encapsulates what this team is. They are wildly inconsistent from game to game, sometimes within a game, and that is what a .500 team is. The Rangers have shown no ability to string wins, or even good games, together and if they are going to alternate good games and bad games they will be at .500 and while they might technically be 6-8 points out of a playoff spot, they are miles away from actually being one.