- SHG – Jesper Fast (6) ASST: Brady Skjei (11), Greg McKegg (3)
- Travis Sanheim (3) ASST: Justin Braun (6), Travis Konecny (22)
- Kevin Hayes (10) ASST: Joel Farabee (9), James van Riemsdyk (10)
- Travis Sanheim (4) ASST: Sean Couturier (20), Claude Giroux (14)
- Kevin Hayes (11) ASST: James van Riemsdyk (11), Justin Braun (7)
- PPG – Nicolas Aube-Kubel (1) ASST: Travis Sanheim (8)
- This is a frustrating one where the Rangers should have held a lead going into the third and the end result isn’t indicative of how close the game was.
- The Rangers certainly didn’t do themselves any favors with their parade to the penalty box in the first two periods but the PK was great and they were the only ones to score.
- The PP, again, just isn’t connecting. They had a 5 on 3 in the first period that could have helped set a tone and build a lead but they can’t find a mix or situation that works. I still think they should swap Fox and DeAngelo and see if that makes a difference or look at other options.
- Henrik Lundqvist was terrific, especially in the first two periods, but finishes the game with five goals allowed. He deserved a better fate, or at least a lower GAA.
- The Rangers had chances, some really good chances, but they couldn’t find a way to beat Carter Hart.
- So the Rangers enter the Christmas break splitting a back to back but losing a big game to a team in front of them in the standings. They need to get the PP going, they need Kakko back and to get going, they need to shoot, hit the net and manage the puck. They come back with Carolina and Toronto this weekend before heading out to Western Canada.