- Brady Skjei (7) ASST: Jacob Trouba (16)
- Oliver Bjorkstrand (13)
- Oliver Bjorkstrand (14) ASST: Pierre-Luc Dubois (20), Seth Jones (22)
Brendan Lemieux returned to the Rangers lineup in place of Micheal Haley.
Igor Shesterkin stopped 29 of 31 shots.
David Quinn’s post game comments (NYR Game Notes):
- On being a good third period team this season, “we certainly weren’t tonight. I just didn’t think we had a lot of energy for the third period, our second period was okay, didn’t love our first. Pretty much got what we deserved when the night ended.”
- On Shesterkin’s game, “he played well. To give up a 3 on 2 with 28 seconds to go is inexcusable. A really bad change, bad F3 at the wrong time. We were playing with fire for a while, I thought. Just disappointing but we have to move past it and get ready for Tuesday.”
- Does it feel like a big loss, “yea, right now, any time you lose at this time in the season it feels big. We have to move past it, we have one more before the break and if we get that one we have a chance to go 5-2 after the West coast trip, which is what we were talking about on the plane leaving Vancouver.”
- Why switch Buchnevich and Lemieux, “Buchie’s been sick, just didn’t think he had it tonight, especially at the end of the second period.”
- Lemieux had energy, “I thought he had energy, that is what happens when you come back, you play with energy and at a pace, figured I would put him up there.”