- Charlie Coyle (4) Assists: Charlie McAvoy (12), David Pastrnak (8)
- Trent Frederic (2) Assists: Jack Studnicka (2), Connor Clifton (3)
- Charlie McAvoy (3) Assists: David Pastrnak (9), Brad Marchand (13)
- Colin Blackwell (5) Assists: Alexis Lafreniere (2), K’Andre Miller (4)
- Charlie Coyle (5) (Shorthanded) Assists: Sean Kuraly (2)
- Well this looked much more like the Boston team that you expect to see. They were structured, physical and didn’t let the Rangers get much of anything going offensively. The Rangers knew that Boston, after getting crushed by both the Isles and Rangers, was going to bring this game and while the Rangers didn’t give up a ton either, until the third period, they weren’t able to capitalize on the few chances they had.
- Reinforcements should be on the way this week. Filip Chytil is expected to return on Tuesday or Thursday and Kaapo Kakko could be back at any point once he comes off the Covid list. Everything with Alexis Lafreniere is TBD, but it’s not impossible that he returns this week either. When the Rangers do get these players back, it will be interesting to see how all the lines end up shaking out.
- They are all big games, but this week against Buffalo and NJ will be interesting. The Rangers have played many of their better opponents tough, but the Sabres have been struggling and the Devils have beaten them twice, soundly in the second one, this season. If the Rangers are to make any progress in the standings they need to match up not only against the big guys, but against the teams at are below them in the standings.