- K’Andre Miller (2) Assists: Pavel Buchnevich (14), Mika Zibanejad (7)
- Chris Kreider (14) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (8), Jacob Trouba (5)
- Ryan Strome (10) Assists: Artemi Panarin (14), Colin Blackwell (4)
- Pavel Buchnevich (8) Assists: Chris Kreider (5)
- This was probably the best game of the season for the Rangers and pretty much a complete flip from Thursday’s loss. They never let up, battled all game, got production from their best players and severely limited the Bruins offensively. This was the definition of a 60-minute effort by the Rangers and the kind of game that shows you who they can be when they are at their best.
- The Rangers made it easy for Keith Kinkaid to pitch a shut out, but in the moments where the Bruins did have chances, he was there. Defensively the Rangers were just outstanding, their PK was terrific and, again, they never let up.
- K’Andre Miller was everywhere, scored and he and Jacob Trouba were great as a pair. Those two and Adam Fox all played over 23:24.
- Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad and Pavel Buchnevich were back together and delivered with two points each. Kreider and Buchnevich have been producing lately and Mika Zibanejad looked strong in picking up two assists.
- Artemi Panarin looked like Artemi Panarin. He made a great pass on Ryan Strome’s goal and you could just see how his presence lifted the team. It’s obvious to say, but he’s their best player and they look like a completely different team when he’s on the ice.
- Ryan Strome, along with Kreider and Buchnevich continued his strong play and probably should have had more than just the one goal.
- So the six-game road trip went: two wins against NJ, two losses against Pittsburgh, a loss to Boston and then a win against Boston. The Rangers next have two against Philly, two in Washington, one against Buffalo and then two more against Philly and two more against Washington. The playoffs aren’t worth mentioning until the Rangers can string performances like this together on a consistent basis, but their season is about half over and the time to start playing consistently and stringing wins together is here.