- Brendan Lemieux (2) Assists: Adam Fox (14), Brett Howden (4)
- Artemi Panarin (7) Assists: Ryan Strome (11)
- Pavel Buchnevich (9) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (9)
- Pavel Buchnevich (10) Assists: Jacob Trouba (6), Mika Zibanejad (10)
- Jacob Trouba (1) Assists: Pavel Buchnevich (15), Mika Zibanejad (10)
- Mika Zibanejad (4) (Shorthanded) Unassisted
- Mika Zibanejad (5) (Power Play) Assists: Ryan Strome (12), Artemi Panarin (17)
- Mika Zibanejad (6) Assists: Pavel Buchnevich (16), Chris Kreider (6)
- Filip Chytil (4) Assists: Libor Hajek (1), Alexis Lafreniere (4)
- Well that was something. The Rangers certainly played well and converted on their chances, but the Flyers were just bad. We’ve seen the Rangers, well not to this degree, make it easy for teams and the Flyers made it very easy tonight.
- You can’t expect six points every night, but this has to be a springboard for Mika Zibanejad. He will need to produce and convert against a team that has interest in defending, but he looked like the old Mika tonight. It wasn’t just the points that made him look like the old Mika, but how effortless everything seemed. Maybe it was just the Flyers, but everything Mika did was smooth, his passes were on the mark, his hands around the net were excellent and he looked like everything in his game was in sync. One game doesn’t erase the first half of the season, but he has a chance to reestablish himself and maybe push the Rangers into a playoff push.
- He didn’t have a ton of work, but Alex Georgiev also looked like a player that had his game in sync. He made a few nice saves and looked a lot more confident in net. Hopefully he too can build off tonight and get his game back in gear.
- I don’t fully understand how players come on and off the Covid protocol list, but it was sure nice to see Adam Fox and Pavel Buchnevich back. Fox made his presence felt early with that pass to Brendan Lemieux and Buchnevich continued to produce with two goals and two assists.
- In that same vein, we don’t know what is going on with David Quinn and his staff. I never imagined that the daily check of the Covid list around 5 would be accompanied by an email from the Rangers saying that their coaches were out and they called up others from Hartford and the front office. I wonder what happens if they aren’t available for the games this weekend. I guess Knoblauch, Murphy and Drury will be behind the bench and the Wolf Pack will have their games rescheduled.
- Next up is a back-to-back against Washington on Friday and Saturday, Buffalo on Monday and then the Flyers will be out for revenge with two that start on Thursday.