- Mika Zibanejad (5) (Power Play) Assists: Adam Fox (23), Artemi Panarin (23)
- Alexis Lafreniere (6) Assists: Filip Chytil (4), Adam Fox (24)
- Brett Murray (2) Assists: Kyle Okposo (12), Mark Pysyk (5)
- On the one hand the Rangers won, on the other hand Buffalo tied it and it was disallowed because of an offside that didn’t really impact the resulting goal. I never really felt like the Rangers were going to lose, I assume that even had the Buffalo goal counted the Ranger would have won in OT or a shootout, but the Sabres were the better team for at least the second half of the game.
- Again, it’s a win, but I don’t think you can just discount how the game was playing out and that Buffalo tied it. It wasn’t necessarily a continuation of the game against Colorado, but this is a game that the Rangers should have just been able to win and not need to find a way and need to defend a one-goal lead late in the third.
- Alex Georgiev was certainly good enough again for the Rangers. He’s taken this opportunity to rebuild the organization’s confidence in him and start rebuilding his trade value. That trade may not happen until the summer, but he’s looking a lot more like the goalie he was prior to Igor Shesterkin coming to town.
- An assist on Wednesday and a goal tonight an3d maybe Alexis Lafreniere and maybe the third line is getting something going.
- It took two bounces and then a bounce off the goalie, but Mika Zibanejad scored for the first time in forever. It was on the PP, but a goal is a goal and hopefully he will not start shooting, scoring and putting up the offensive numbers that the Rangers signed him long-term to put up.
- It’s a win, but not as good of a performance as they should have had against a team like this. They are 18-5-3 and it’s hard to back your way into that record or find your way into that record, but I do think they still have ways to go for their play to match their record and place in the standings.
- Nashville, who beat the Isles last night and are beating the Devils right now, close out the tri-state trip on Sunday at MSG. Then the Rangers head to Colorado and Arizona back-to-back and then Vegas comes to town one week from tonight.