6:57 PM: Lindgren is in and the Rangers are going with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen.
5:50 PM: Gerard Gallant spoke before tonight’s game and said (NYR):
- Any lineup decisions, “yea, there will be. Game-time decision for Lindgren.”
- Will Lindgren skate in warmups, “He is going to skate in warmups.”
- Are you thinking 7 D like you were for Game 4, “It’s a good possibility. We’ll see how things go. I feel pretty good about it, but we gotta see.”
- Is tonight about getting pucks to the net, “It’s about playing our game, getting ready to play a real, solid hockey game and there is no tomorrow if you don’t play well. Let’s go out and play our game, take the pressure off yourself and play hard.”
- Did you count how many opportunities you passed up in Game 4, “didn’t count them, but there were too many of them, I know that. We realize that, we talk about that. The game is fast and you wanna make the right plays all the time and right decisions, but when they see it sometimes they say ‘yea, I probably should have shot the puck there and got more people to the net.”