- Chris Kreider (4) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (7)
- 3: Carter Hart
- 2: Igor Shesterkin
- 1: Chris Kreider
- The Rangers more than deserved this win after they dominated nearly the entire game. They had enough chances and opportunities to have this game have the same result as some of the drubbings the Rangers have given the Flyers in the past couple of years, but they missed the net on a few chances, hit four posts and Carter Hart was terrific. They should have had 4-5 goals, at least, but they only needed one to win it and they got it in OT.
- Chris Kreider has been so much better in the last week or so and starting to look a lot like he did last year. He hit the post on a shot earlier on a breakaway and went to a deke in OT and got the Rangers that extra point.
- Alexis Lafreniere is getting enough chances and opportunities to where his stat sheet should resemble the player he is supposed to be, but he has seemed snake bitten for a while. He scored the other night and he’s doing all the things he’s supposed to do, but he isn’t getting rewarded. If that starts to change though and the puck starts going in, his point totals are going to take a huge jump.
- The Rangers did what they were supposed to do against this Flyers team and dominated offensively, but when he was needed, Igor Shesterkin made more than a few excellent saves in picking up the shutout. He is looking dialed in again and ready to carry the Rangers. I thought that Jaro Halak would start against the Bruins, but Shesterkin wasn’t all that busy, so maybe he gets a fourth in a row and Halak goes against the Red Wings on Sunday.