Igor Shesterkin starts in net against Seattle and the Rangers will use the same lineup that beat Arizona on Sunday. (NYR)
Vitali Kravtsov, Zac Jones and Ryan Reaves will be scratched.
Gerard Gallant met with the media prior to tonight’s game against Seattle and said (NYR):
- On the lineup, “Same lineup.”
- The goalie, “Same lineup.”
- What do you like about this lineup, “It won…I change the lineup, doesn’t matter if you win or lose, but I thought it did a pretty good, decent job and we won the hockey game. Give them an opportunity again.”
- On Libor Hajek getting a run of games, “It’s really beneficial for him, it’s not great for Jonesy, but it’s beneficial for him and he gets to go on a little bit of a run. He played good, solid hockey, so that is what you want and that competition is going on all year long and we like both of them. We’re happy with our defense, obviously. It’s the way it is and Jonesy will get another chance and when he does, go in there and play well and solid, he’s a young player.”
- What is the biggest strength of The Kid Line, “When they’re playing well, they control the puck real good down low, they’ve got good speed and good chemistry, but, you know, it’s all about putting some pucks in the net. I think they’re a good line, they’re a solid line, but I expect more from them. I want them to do more, I want them to get more scoring chances, I want them to put more pucks in the net for us. They’re all good players, talented players.”