- Kirby Dach (8) (Power Play) Assists: Christian Dvorak (11), Cole Caufield (10)
- Artemi Panarin (12) Assists: Filip Chytil (11), K’Andre Miller (19)
- Cole Caufield (26) Assists: Nick Suzuki (21), Joel Armia (4)
- No magic or late game heroics tonight.
- They were sloppy, slow and either were fatigued overall as a team, there is that stomach bug going around, or thought that it would be easy against Montreal in their second half of a back-t0-back. They just didn’t have their flow, energy or much of anything outside of a few spurts.
- Turnovers were a bit of an issue tonight and they just weren’t sharp. Montreal was the better team, they were fast, worked harder and deserved to win.
- I don’t think there is much to take away from this game. They could have played better, should have played better and smarter, but they lost. If they play like this again tomorrow in Columbus then it might be a different story, but if they beat the Blue Jackets 5-1 tomorrow then you just chalk this up to an off night.
- After tomorrow the Rangers only play once, Thursday against Boston, before Florida comes to MSG next Monday. Then it’s only two more games until the All-Star break, so the Rangers have a pretty light schedule the next couple of weeks to get healthy, get Chris Kreider back and be ready for the second half of the season.