- Tyler Motte (6) Assists: Barclay Goodrow (16), Jimmy Vesey (14)
- Jalen Chatfield (6) Assists: Derek Stepan (6), Jack Drury (3)
- Kaapo Kakko (13) Assists: Ryan Lindgren (17), Adam Fox (54)
- Stefan Noesen (11) Assists: Jesper Fast (15), Jordan Staal (14)
- Teuvo Teravainen (11) Assists: Brent Burns (41), Jesperi Kotkaniemi (21)
- That was a third period of mixed emotions, a couple of defensive mistakes and ultimately a loss. Carolina was the better team for most of this game and they played a Carolina game where they were fast, pressured and had the puck most of the night…but when Kaapo Kakko scored to go up 2-1 I thought the Rangers were going to win.
- It just seemed like with how the Rangers had been rolling lately that they were just going to find a way to win and beat the Hurricanes again, but it was the Hurricanes that found a way.
- The Hurricanes are a major change of pace from the two games on the weekend in just about every way, shape, and form, and with two straight games against them it will be interesting to see what adjustments the Rangers will make. I don’t expect anything major, but they need to find a way to deal with the Carolina pressure and find a way to try and defend less.
- The Rangers have shown that they can match the Hurricanes or at least come close enough to where they can beat Carolina, but it wasn’t enough tonight. Hopefully they’ll be sharper on Thursday.
- It’s goals in back-to-back games for The Kid Line. Filip Chytil broke a big goal drought on Sunday and Kaapo Kakko did tonight. They, or the fourth line, were probably the Rangers best in this game, and that is encouraging after a few weeks of them being a bit stale.
- They do it again with the Hurricanes on Thursday.