- Justin Schultz (1) Assists: Brian Dumoulin (1), Eeli Tolvanen (2)
- Artemi Panarin (2) Assists: Filip Chytil (2)
- Kaapo Kakko (1) Assists: Jacob Trouba (1), K’Andre Miller (2)
- Alexis Lafreniere (2) Assists: Filip Chytil (3)
- Artemi Panarin (3) Assists: Filip Chytil (4), K’Andre Miller (3)
- This was a nice bounce back for the Rangers and a very strong performance compared to Thursday against Nashville.
- It’s hard to not get excited when you see that second line and with how Artemi Panarin continues to buzz and shoot the puck, how Alexis Lafreniere is forechecking and looking confident with the puck and the cotinued evolution of Filip Chytil. It was a huge game for that line and especially for Chytil with how he was passing the puck. You don’t want to make pronouncements five games into a season, but it sure is trending toward Chytil firmly establishing himself as a number two center for the Rangers.
- Kaapo Kakko got his first goal of the season and his 100th career point in 244 games. Hopefully the next 100 points come a lot quicker than his first 100.
- Jonathan Quick was very solid in net. My guess is that he gets at least one more game on this trip.
- Overall this was a solid performance for the Rangers, but it doesn’t follow the early season pattern of good game, not so good/bad game, good game, not so good/bad game. Hopefully they roll into Calgary with another strong game and start working toward their first winning streak of the season.