- Blake Coleman (2) Assists: Mikael Backlund (3), Andrew Mangiapane (3)
- Alexis Lafreniere (3) (Power Play) Assists: Erik Gustafsson (2), Filip Chytil (5)
- Chris Kreider (5) (Power Play) Assists: Artemi Panarin (5), Adam Fox (5)
- This wasn’t the Rangers greatest performance, but like has been the case the last few years, they found a way to win because of excellent goaltending from Igor Shesterkin and the PP. They weren’t blown out of the water in terms of how Calgary played compared to them, but it wasn’t as strong of an overall performance as Saturday in Seattle was.
- This win did break the early pattern of alternating wins and losses and now gives the Rangers two in a row.
- Another goal for Alexis Lafreniere and one deflecting the puck on the PP. This has been the exact start to the season that he needed. It’s still too early to make pronouncements about his long-term potential and future, but he’s doing everything needed right now to ensure that all questions about that future will go away.
- Igor Shesterkin was great and made a number of terrific saves in close.
- Next up the Rangers got to Edmonton to face a struggling Oilers team that will be without Connor McDavid.