- Jimmy Vesey (1) Assists: Tyler Pitlick (1), Ryan Lindgren (1)
- Artemi Panarin (6) Assists: Vincent Trocheck (4), Alexis Lafreniere (1)
- Erik Gustafsson (3) Assists: Blake Wheeler (1), Will Cuylle (1)
- Ryan Hartman (7) Assists: Dakota Mermis (3), Mats Zuccarello (9)
- Joel Eriksson Ek (6) Assists: Brock Faber (3), Marcus Foligno (4)
- Mats Zuccarello (3) Assists: Jonas Brodin (5), Marcus Johansson (6)
- Marco Rossi (5) Assists: Kirill Kaprizov (8), Matt Boldy (4)
- Chris Kreider (8) Assists: Artemi Panarin (12), Erik Gustafsson (3)
- Mats Zuccarello: SCORES
- Artemi Panarin: SCORES
- Kirill Kaprizov: Stopped
- Mika Zibanejad: Stopped
- Matt Boldy: SCORES
- Vincent Trocheck: Stopped
- Well the Rangers should be happy with the one point they got because they didn’t really deserve any tonight.
- They jumped out early and then like a bunch of games over the past two seasons, they seemed to stop playing. It sure looked like it was going to be easy with how quickly they were scoring and then Rangers got away from their game, became careless with the puck, started taking too many penalties and let a desperate and struggling, but extremely talented team claw their way back in, grab the lead and then eventually a the win.
- Even with all of that, they were only beaten in the shootout because a puck bounced off the post and then off of Quick and in and because Marc-Andre Fleury stretched just far enough to prevent Vincent Trocheck from scoring. Still, they didn’t deserve to win tonight.
- Jonathan Quick gave up 4 and two in the shootout, but they don’t even get the one point without him. He should stop losing his stick, which is what happened on the first two Wild goals, but he made a number of excellent saves that kept the Rangers in the lead for a while, allowed them to tie it back up and then get at least the one point. It was a heavy workload for him, but hopefully Igor Shesterkin will be back on either Tuesday or Thursday.
- Hopefully, the Rangers take the point and then use this game to reinforce how things could go when they stop forechecking, turn pucks over and get away from their system and structure.
- So the winning streak is over, but the point streak reaches seven games.
- Next up is Detroit on Tuesday.