First Period: No Scoring
- Neal Pionk Assists: Vladislav Namestnikov, Mika Zibanejad
- Jimmy Vesey Assists: Brett Howden, Jesper Fast
Goalie: Henrik Lundqvist stopped 39 of 40 shots
- 3: Vlad Namestnikov
- 2: Jimmy Vesey
- 1: Henrik Lundqvist
- Well, this was a night for Henrik Lundqvist and he was as good as he had ever been against Buffalo. This was a real vintage “Rangers don’t great but Henrik steals two points” kind of game.
- Winning is important and excellent goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist is always welcome, but the best part of this win, to me, is the goal from Pionk, two from Vesey, strong play from Namestnikov, Howden’s assist and the Rangers young players playing a big part. This year is about progress and a game where Henrik steals it and Shattenkirk gets three points and Hayes and Zuccarello score is great, but it’s so much more important for the young Rangers to lead the way with Henrik and they did tonight.
- The Rangers were not good in the first, real good in the first minute of the second and then good in the second half of the third where they were able to protect a lead.
- The Rangers will be realistic about tonight’s game. They won because of their goalie, and best player, and because they scored two quick goals in the second but they were not very good. You win some nights when you aren’t supposed to and you lose some nights where you are the better team. Through the course of the season those games hopefully even out. Winning is the name of the game but development and progress is what the Rangers are looking for. Tonight is great and three in a row is nice but they need to be better in all facets except goaltending. Goaltending was out of this world tonight.