- Drake Batherson Assists: Matt Duchene, Maxime Lajoie
- Magnus Paajarvi Assists: Zack Smith, Tom Pyatt
- Matt Duchene Assists: Drake Batherson, Ryan Dzingel
- This one was a stinker. In spurts the Rangers had some life but overall this was a quiet one and they didn’t bring the effort or work ethic they have had for most of the season.
- I’m sure the feeling is similar to how it was after the Flyer loss the day after Thanksgiving. There just wasn’t enough team-wide and it showed.
- For the second year in a row the Rangers are dealing with home/road issues. At home they look like a potential playoff team that doesn’t always play great but finds a way to win. On the road they look like a rebuilding team destined to finish in the bottom five.
- Injuries are not an excuse, everyone has them, but the Rangers depth up front is being tested. While neither McLeod or Namestnikov produce at the level of Buchnevich and Zuccarello, those two were hard workers and energy players. Those are the kinds of guys that the Rangers could have used tonight to set an example. They should definitely call up a forward for the games this weekend as 11 D and 7 forwards did not work well.
- The main focus for this summer is on Artemi Panarin and with good reason, he is an elite scoring winger but Ottawa’s Mark Stone could also become a UFA. He doesn’t bring the same excitement or cachet that Panarin would, but he’s a solid player and someone that would help the Rangers through this process.