- 00:28 New York Mika Zibanejad (23) ASST: Mats Zuccarello (22), Chris Kreider (17) 0-1
- 10:35 Toronto Kasperi Kapanen (16) 1-1
- 14:05 New York Jimmy Vesey (12) ASST: Chris Kreider (18), Ryan Strome (7) 1-2
- No Scoring
- 11:59 New York Adam McQuaid (2) ASST: Mats Zuccarello (23) 1-3
- 19:40 New York EN – Kevin Hayes (13) 1-4
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) February 11, 2019
David Quinn spoke after the game and said (NYR Game Notes):
- On Georgiev, “He played outstanding, he has gotten better and better. The game against the Bruins he played really well. Tonight he was our best PKer.”
- More on Georgiev, “when you are that young in the NHL at that position there is a lot of room for growth. He keeps getting better, when you are with him every day you see his approach, how committed he is on and off the ice, I love what he does during practice. He never gets down, we’ve played some of our worst games in front of him so he has some crooked numbers that are not his fault. The guy never wavers. He turns 23 today. That is not a position where a young guy is able to succeed and he keeps getting better and better.”
- “This is going to sound insane, I thought we actually defended pretty well tonight. You look at the shot total and I look like an idiot thinking we defended well. That is a scary, scary team. They have high end talent that can beat you 1 on 1 but I thought we did a good job clearing the net front, they didn’t have a lot of second chances. With that PP it can make a big difference, I thought we defended well. I know I sound crazy saying that but they didn’t have a lot of second chances. A lot of the shots were perimeter and we contested them, I may feel differently when I watch the tape but I thought our D corp did a good job and forwards supporting the net front.”
- “Hell of a goal by Vesey, big-time goal.”
- This one was all Georgiev and he was fantastic. He’s been inconsistent this season after a really good showing at the end of last season but he was at his best tonight. This could have easily been a 6-2 loss with how Toronto was generating chances, especially on the PP, but Georgiev was up to it and the Rangers picked up a win.
- Another goal for Zibanejad, two more points for Kreider and hopefully Jimmy Vesey’s goal can get him back on track.