- PPG – Josh Bailey (11) ASST: Noah Dobson (4), Derick Brassard (16)
- PPG – Anthony Beauvillier (13) ASST: Mathew Barzal (24), Josh Bailey (18)
- Anders Lee (16) ASST: Mathew Barzal (25), Jordan Eberle (17)
- Brock Nelson (20) ASST: Josh Bailey (19), Ryan Pulock (18)
- PPG – Pavel Buchnevich (8) ASST: Adam Fox (21), Mika Zibanejad (20)
- PPG – Chris Kreider (17) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (21), Ryan Strome (31)
- So this was life without Artemi Panarin, at least for one game, and it was obvious how his absence impacted the Rangers.
- The Rangers certainly had more puck possession and chances tonight but the Isles were opportunistic, got a couple of bounces and led where it matters most: on the scoreboard. Faceoffs were a major issue as the Isles dominated there, even during a period where all they did was ice the puck.
- This game could have gone differently a bunch of different times, especially if the Rangers would have capitalized on their first PP or Ryan Strome’s disallowed goal counted, but instead they found themselves down 4-0 and with a big hole to climb out. They were able to start digging out late in the third as the Isles took penalties but it was too little too late.
- I think Kaapo Kakko is starting to find his game again and looks poised to start getting on the scoresheet again.
- So it’s two losses in a row for the Rangers as they had into the break. They are playing well enough to win, or at least compete, most nights but unless they come back and pick up points in bunches, the hope of the playoffs will start fading faster. The Rangers do not want to sell at this trade deadline but their place in the standings, along with the potential returns they might be able to get, make it seem like that is the road they will go down.