- John Tavares (20) ASST: William Nylander (24), Justin Holl (14)
- Filip Chytil (12) ASST: Tony DeAngelo (29), Marc Staal (5)
- Mika Zibanejad (21) ASST: Chris Kreider (18)
- Chris Kreider (19) ASST: Pavel Buchnevich (19), Mika Zibanejad (24)
- Auston Matthews (38) ASST: Andreas Johnsson (13), Kasperi Kapanen (20)
- Pavel Buchnevich (11) ASST: Brady Skjei (15)
- PPG – Auston Matthews (39) ASST: John Tavares (24), Mitchell Marner (40)
- EN – Greg McKegg (2) ASST: Pavel Buchnevich (20)
- 3: Pavel Buchnevich
- 2: Chris Kreider
- 1: Mika Zibanejad
- Well this was a nice win for the Rangers against an all-offense team in Toronto. The Rangers responded well each time the Leafs scored and that shows how far this team has grown this season. Individual player development is important but overall team development, especially if most of the guys in the lineup are going to be part of the solution going forward, is almost as important.
- Igor Shesterkin continues to show he is not only NHL ready but ready for more. He made numerous big saves at every stage of the game and looks poised, calm and confident in net. Of the three goalies the Rangers are carrying, he is likely to get the most starts the rest of the way, especially if he plays like he did tonight.
- While Artemi Panarin and Ryan Strome go through a bit of a swoon, at least compared to the high level of production they’ve had this season, Mika Zibanajed, Chris Kreider and, recently, Pavel Buchnevich have picked up the slack. We know that Zibanejad is here to stay and will likely enter next season as the Rangers captain. Pavel Buchnevich is signed for next season and could remain past that. Then, of course, there is Chris Kreider and the question of whether we are in the last days of his time as a Ranger. He’s probably playing the best hockey of his career and sure looks and seems like someone the Rangers should want to lock up, but that may not be in the cards.
- So it’s a nice win for the Rangers, and over a team ahead of them in the standings, 7 wins in their past 11 and the next two games against teams below them in the standings. The playoffs are still a remote possibility but if they can string some wins together and go on a little streak they might be able to make a run at the last wild card spot.