- Zemgus Girgensons (10) ASST: Colin Miller (8)
- Sam Reinhart (20) ASST: Jack Eichel (36), Jimmy Vesey (9)
- Jimmy Vesey (8) ASST: Jack Eichel (37)
- Mika Zibanejad (22) ASST: Artemi Panarin (45), Marc Staal (6)
- PPG – Chris Kreider (20) ASST: Kaapo Kakko (11), Mika Zibanejad (25)
- This is a disappointing loss and one where the Rangers just weren’t on the same page at the start, slow and unable to get anything going offensively.
- They turned the puck over, allowed Buffalo to score three goals where the scorer had a clear path to the net and the Rangers couldn’t find a way to break through offensively until time was running out. The Sabres jammed things up pretty good defensively but the Rangers have played against and succeeded against teams that clog it up, but not tonight.
- Jacob Trouba may get some of the tougher minutes and Tony DeAngelo is on the first PP but when the Rangers needed to score late in the game it was Adam Fox who was the only defenseman on the ice. He’s so smart on the ice, keeps it simple, gets pucks to the net and is close to, if he isn’t already, being the Rangers #1.
- Alex Georgiev was fine. Maybe he could have stopped Jimmy Vesey’s goal, but he was fine and made some big saves to keep it close. Igor Shesterkin will almost certainly start on Sunday and you can certainly argue that he should have gone tonight.