- Carl Hagelin (8) ASST: Nick Jensen (7), Ilya Kovalchuk (15)
- PPG – Mika Zibanejad (34) ASST: Artemi Panarin (59), Tony DeAngelo (37)
- Mika Zibanejad (35) ASST: Adam Fox (29), Pavel Buchnevich (26)
- Ilya Kovalchuk (10) ASST: Lars Eller (23), Jakub Vrana (27)
- Tony DeAngelo (14) ASST: Artemi Panarin (60)
- Michal Kempny (4) ASST: Richard Panik (12), Jonas Siegenthaler (8)
- Mika Zibanejad (36) ASST: Pavel Buchnevich (27), Phillip Di Giuseppe (3)
- Alex Ovechkin (46) ASST: John Carlson (59), Nicklas Backstrom (41)
- PPG – Mika Zibanejad (37) ASST: Kaapo Kakko (13), Brendan Lemieux (11)
- Alex Ovechkin (47) ASST: John Carlson (60), Nicklas Backstrom (42)
- Mika Zibanejad (38) ASST: Artemi Panarin (61), Tony DeAngelo (38)
- 3: Alex Ovechkin
- 2: Artemi Panarin
- 1: Mika Zibanejad
- That was some game and some performance by Mika Zibanejad. Artemi Panarin is rightfully mentioned as a Hart Trophy candidate and the likely team MVP, but Mika Zibanejad is making a huge push for both. He won’t get a ton of Hart consideration but I think we might be at the point where he and Panarin are co-team MVPs this season.
- Zibanejad is the Rangers best all-around player and they shouldn’t wait to stitch the “C” onto his jersey until next season. The Rangers should come to practice tomorrow with their first captain since Ryan McDonagh.
- Zibanejad was big when the Rangers needed him the most and he saved what could have been a season killing night. The Rangers couldn’t build on their leads and twice gave up a lead within a minute of taking it. It’s not how you draw it up, especially at this point in the year, but in the end the losing streak is over, the Rangers picked up two points and are only a game out of the playoffs.
- So the Rangers are two points back of the Islanders, though the Isles have a game in hand, and three back of Columbus, who has played one more game. Carolina is only one point behind the Rangers and they have two in hand, but if Mika and Panarin continue to play like this and Igor Shesterkin is healthy and ready to come back, they could be in the mix down to the end of the season.