- Ryan Strome (3) Assists: Adam Fox (6), Artemi Panarin (8)
- Anthony Bitetto (1) Assists: Kevin Rooney (1)
- Carl Hagelin (1) Assists: Garnet Hathaway (3), Michael Sgarbossa (2)
- Ryan Strome (4) Assists: Artemi Panarin (9), Kaapo Kakko (1)
- Pavel Buchnevich (3) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (2), Artemi Panarin (10)
- 3: Artemi Panarin
- 2: Igor Shesterkin
- 1: Ryan Strome
- Well that was a solid effort from the Rangers, a pretty good 60 minutes, contributions from up and down the lineup and their best goaltending of the season.
- This was the Igor Shesterkin we’ve been expecting to see. He was terrific all night, made the big saves at key times and now has three wins in a row. It will be interesting to see who goes on Monday against the Isles and despite this performance, I think Alex Georgiev, with all his success against the Isles, will go.
- Artemi Panarin and Ryan Strome were great. Panarin was hounding the puck and he is back to being the Hart Trophy candidate he was last season. Kaapo Kakko picked up an assist and despite not getting a shot, I thought he was good. He made an excellent play to get the puck past Chara on the game winner and you can see that he’s playing with confidence.
- The issue, well it’s not really an issue, with Kakko, and with Alexis Lafreniere, is that they don’t have the puck enough to make the kind of offensive plays that could be expected. When they get it they usually pass it, which makes sense when you play with Panarin or Zibanejad, but they also need the puck to make plays.
- Libor Hajek didn’t play a ton, but he made a nice play in the first period. Anthony Bitetto also didn’t play a lot, but he made the most of it with that terrific goal. As for the defensemen who did play a lot, Trouba, Miller, Lindgren and Fox were great, physical and reminded me a bit of the days when Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi and Marc Staal were the ones battling Ovechkin and Backstrom.
- It’s been a nice little stretch for the Rangers, even with the whole DeAngelo incident, and next up is the Isles. It should be the Devils, but their whole team is pretty much out with Covid, so the Rangers will have a few days between games.