7:04PM: David Quinn said earlier today (NYR):
- On if someone is going to be called up, “we are going to talk about that on the plane. It will give us something to do.”
- Is 7 D possible, “I don’t love it but it is on the table. I want to get Freddy back in, he didn’t deserve to come out. These have been hard conversations because all of these guys have played well. We will have a clearer picture after we land in Ottawa.”
- On Monday’s performance not being good enough for tomorrow, “for sure, we know what we are in for tomorrow night. You play a team back to back, you beat them, a little more urgency on their end of it. They had a big win yesterday so they are feeling good about themselves and we are going to face an opponent feeling good and looking for redemption.”
- On potentially reshuffled lines, “when there is an injury there is a domino effect. I had been thinking about tinkering but more-so the injury snowballed that decision.”
- Could Ryan Strome see PP time, “yes.”
1:29PM: The Rangers have announced that neither Vlad Namestnikov or Mats Zuccarello will join the team on their two-game road trip to Ottawa and Montreal.
Namestnikov is in the concussion protocol after suffering a hit late in Rangers win over Ottawa on Monday.