- Ryan O’Reilly Assists: David Perron
- Mats Zuccarello (Power Play) Assists: Chris Kreider
- Boo Nieves Assists: Ryan Strome, Kevin Shattenkirk
Henrik Lundqvist said after the game that the final 40 minutes were fun but intense. “Maybe we didn’t play our best but we worked so hard and came up with the big plays at the right time.” (MSG)
He added, “we had a good meeting, the players, going into Nashville, we were pretty honest about the situation and that if we don’t dig deep here in the next three weeks we are probably out of the race. It’s not about being great all the time but we have to be smart and playing the last 10 minutes there is no reason to taking a chance. We know what to do, we just have to commit to it and we are a pretty good team. You have to commit to the little things.”
David Quinn said after the game on MSG:
- there are different ways to pick up two points and the Rangers were able to do it on Monday because they have a “great goalie.”
- The Rangers acted like it was 9-1 when they took a 2-1 lead. They created their own problems and need to put consistent efforts together and not have this “big drop” that they did in the last 35 minutes of the game.
- “we got the two points but we are certainly not thrilled with how we played the last 35 minutes.”
- When the Rangers took the lead they “cheated” all over the rink, didn’t play with urgency to close on people and allowed St. Louis to have a lot of space.
Chris Kreider said on MSG, “you can’t play 20 minutes like we did in the second and expect to have success moving forward.”