- 04:58 Winnipeg Mark Scheifele (29) ASST: Joe Morrow (5), Kyle Connor (22) 0-1
- 18:36 Winnipeg Mark Scheifele (30) ASST: Blake Wheeler (56) 0-2
- 00:38 New York Mika Zibanejad (24) ASST: Chris Kreider (19), Mats Zuccarello (24) 1-2
- 19:19 New York PPG – Pavel Buchnevich (10) ASST: Ryan Strome (8), Tony DeAngelo (11) 2-2
- 00:57 New York PPG – Mika Zibanejad (25) ASST: Kevin Shattenkirk (13), Mats Zuccarello (25) 3-2
- 05:22 Winnipeg Joe Morrow (1) ASST: Mark Scheifele (38), Ben Chiarot (9) 3-3
- 07:21 Winnipeg Andrew Copp (6) ASST: Mason Appleton (7), Tyler Myers (14) 3-4
Henrik Lundqvist said on MSG that the Rangers battled back well but the loss was disappointing. He said that puck management improved after the first period and that he struggled to get set on the 3rd and 4th Winnipeg goals.
David Quinn said on MSG that the Rangers looked “afraid” to make plays early
- This is one where Henrik Lundqvist played fairly well but allowed 2-3 goals that I’m sure he would like to have back. Those 2-3 goals, of course, are the difference in the game.
- You can only hope that the Pavel Buchnevich we saw tonight is the one that we see every night. He’s looked engaged, like he wanted the puck and threw a big hit in the offensive zone. He’s becoming a really good PP forward but still needs to work on his consistency at 5 on 5.
- Both of his goals were a bit flukey but it’s two more for Mika Zibanejad as he just continues to find the scoresheet.
- The 7 D thing needs to be shelved. If Vinni Lettieri isn’t the right forward to play then call up Matt Beleskey. He’s a veteran, has some bite and can replace some of the things Cody McLeod brought. While going with 11 forwards allows David Quinn to double shift a player and give more minutes to the top line, rolling four lines should return to being a big focus.