- 00:45 New York Ryan Strome (11) ASST: Chris Kreider (22) 0-1
- 02:03 Washington Carl Hagelin (3) ASST: Lars Eller (22), Brooks Orpik (6) 1-1
- 10:02 Washington Andre Burakovsky (9) ASST: Nic Dowd (11), Travis Boyd (13) 2-1
- 14:20 New York Pavel Buchnevich (13) ASST: Filip Chytil (11), Tony DeAngelo (20) 2-2
- No Scoring
- No Scoring
- Kevin Shattenkirk: SCORES
- TJ Oshie: SCORES
- Mika Zibanejad: STOPPED
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: STOPPED
- Tony DeAngelo: SCORES
- Nicklas Backstrom: SCORES
- Filip Chytil: STOPPED
- Alex Ovechkin: GOAL (Initially ruled a STOP after referee conference to see if Georgiev tossed his stick at the puck. Then hockey operations overturned the call and awarded the goal.)
- As a .500 team, this is the kind of game that the Rangers play. They have their moments, they have moments where they are hemmed in but the game is close and they are in a position to win. The hope is that the Rangers are setting a foundation where they keep building upon games like this and, over time, aren’t just in a position to win but do win.
- It was a strange way to end with the stick tossing, especially since the refs initially ruled it no-goal, but it was the the right call.
- It was nice to see Chytil back in, and Howden return from injury, but I think we will see them in different spots over the next run of games. David Quinn, and rightfully so, is big on players earning their spot and their minutes but I have to think that at some point Chytil, and maybe Howden, will get a shot up in the lineup and without Brendan Smith on their wing.