- 06:08 Edmonton PPG – Connor McDavid (34) ASST: Alex Chiasson (12), Leon Draisaitl (46) 0-1
- 08:02 Edmonton Matt Benning (3) ASST: Leon Draisaitl (47), Zack Kassian (9) 0-2
- 11:29 New York Brendan Lemieux (11) ASST: Kevin Shattenkirk (22) 1-2
- 01:33 New York Brett Howden (5) ASST: Brendan Lemieux (5) 2-2
- 00:35 Edmonton Leon Draisaitl (42) ASST: Connor McDavid (64), Darnell Nurse (27) 2-3
- This was similar to the Devils game on Saturday where the Rangers had a lackluster first and found themselves down 2-0. They were probably the better team in the final 40 minutes, tied it up early in the third but couldn’t get it done.
- Nice for Brett Howden to finally get rewarded. Hopefully he can rack up a more before the end of the season.
- Brendan Lemieux has been as advertised so far and I don’t think this is the last “Gordie Howe Hat Trick” we will see from him.
- David Quinn has kept the same standard for playing and getting ice time all season so it wasn’t a surprise to see Tony DeAngelo and Lias Andersson sit. DeAngelo has been more good than bad for the last while but David Quinn felt it was best for him to sit tonight and with how DeAngelo has progressed as a player it’s hard to disagree with Quinn. Ice time won’t be awarded because of youth or draft spot which is why Andersson sat and Filip Chytil plays under 10 minutes. Both players are still just rookies and will hopefully take what they have learned this season and bring forth an effort next year that forces Quinn to not only keep them in the lineup but give them a lot of ice time.