4/7/19 | By finishing the season with 79 points, the Rangers have the sixth best odds of winning the NHL Draft Lottery and picking 1st overall.
The Rangers have a 7.5% chance of picking first overall and a 23.3% chance of picking in the top-3.
Had the Rangers not picked up points in their final two games they would have finished 5th overall and with an 8.5% chance of the first overall pick.
From the league:
- The 2019 NHL Draft Lottery – which will be held Tuesday, April 9, in Toronto, will consist of three drawings: the 1st Lottery Draw will determine the club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery Draw will determine the club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery Draw will determine the club selecting third overall.
- The odds for the remaining clubs will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery Draw, based on which club wins the 1st Lottery Draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery Draw, based on which club wins the 2nd Lottery Draw.
- The 12 clubs not selected in the 2019 NHL Draft Lottery will be assigned 2019 NHL Draft selections 4 through 15, in inverse order of regular-season points.
- 1st overall: if they win the lottery
- 2nd overall: if they win the second lottery drawing
- 3rd overall: if they win the third lottery drawing
- 6th overall: if any of the five of the teams ahead of the Rangers win the first three drawings
- 7th overall: if one team below the Rangers wins one of the three drawings
- 8th overall: if two teams below the Rangers wins two of the three drawings
- 9th overall: if three teams below the Rangers wins all three of the three drawings
From the Rangers, “The Blueshirts currently have 10 picks in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft (their own first-round pick, Winnipeg’s first-round pick, their own second-round pick, either Dallas’ second-round pick or first-round pick, either Tampa Bay’s second-round pick or first-round pick, their own third-round pick, Columbus’ fourth-round pick, their own fifth-round pick, their own sixth-round pick, and Columbus’ seventh-round pick).”