- Alex Tuch (3) ASST: Jonathan Marchessault (13), Brayden McNabb (4)
- PPG – Alex Tuch (4) ASST: Nate Schmidt (9), William Karlsson (16)
- Reilly Smith (12)
- PPG – Max Pacioretty (10) ASST: Cody Glass (6), Mark Stone (13)
- Brendan Lemieux (4) ASST: Jacob Trouba (11), Mika Zibanejad (9)
- The Rangers sure weren’t facing the Devils tonight. Vegas is fast, opportunistic, came out hard and they were in pretty good position when the Rangers threatened to threaten to score.
- The PP going 0-6, but really 0-4 when the game was still potentially in reach, will get a bunch of attention but I’m not sure it was the biggest issue tonight for the Rangers. The Rangers were sloppy with the puck, sloppy defensively and reverted back to a bunch of the issues they had earlier in the season.
- On the PP though, the Rangers need to mix up the units. Ryan Strome and Mika Zibanejad shouldn’t be on the same unit, Kakko and Fox should be with Panarin and DeAngelo should be the QB and main puck handler on the other unit.
- Henrik Lundqvist was a victim of his defense for most of the night but he could have been better, especially with his awareness of the puck on the first goal.
- Overall it was a game where the Rangers not only played from behind on the scoreboard but played from behind in terms of effort and efficiency. They got better at times throughout the game but this was probably a minor step back after a bunch of recent steps forward. They get Columbus and Montreal next before a rematch with Vegas on Sunday.