- Lucas Wallmark (7) ASST: Teuvo Teravainen (31)
- PPG – Mika Zibanejad (13) ASST: Chris Kreider (12), Tony DeAngelo (19)
- Chris Kreider (11) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (15)
- Artemi Panarin (21) ASST: Filip Chytil (4), Jacob Trouba (13)
- PPG – Mika Zibanejad (14) ASST: Tony DeAngelo (20), Artemi Panarin (26)
- Brett Pesce (4) ASST: Lucas Wallmark (10), Brock McGinn (5)
- Sebastian Aho (22) ASST: Nino Niederreiter (14), Joel Edmundson (7)
- Ryan Strome (8) ASST: Artemi Panarin (27), Jacob Trouba (14)
- 3: Chris Kreider
- 2: Mika Zibanejad
- 1: Artemi Panarin
- There was a lot to like from the Rangers in this game, maybe most of all how they defended a one-goal lead for most of the third period. They were up 4-1 and when Carolina made it 4-3 early in the third it surely seemed like a tie and possibly overtime was possible. The Rangers though kept pushing, made some plays, got a few saves and went up 2 when Artemi Panarin made a tremendous pass to Ryan Strome.
- The PP got going and the Rangers best players, Panarin and Mika Zibanejad, set the pace and produced in big ways and at key times.
- I’m no fan of the offsides review but it benefited the Rangers here and rather than tie the game at two, the Rangers were able to go up 3-1 and then 4-1.
- Henrik Lundqvist was strong in stopping 39 shots but I think Alex Georgiev will start against the Leafs tomorrow.