2:54PM: David Quinn spoke after the morning skate and said (NYR):
- On Buchnevich, “game-time decision. Flu.”
- If Buchnevich can’t go, “have any suggestions? (laugh) We just found out about this, something we really haven’t had a chance to talk about or what the plan B is.”
- On Staal, “Not sure about that. He took the skate, will see how he feels after. I haven’t had a chance to talk to him or the training staff yet.”
- Who is in goal, “Georgie. Again, it’s not an ideal situation like we have all talked about. We wanted to get Hank and Georgie a game in after Igor had his two starts and then we were really going to sit down and figure out what the next step was.”
- Is Georgiev playing because of his past against NYI or it’s his turn, “both.”
11:34AM: Alex Georgiev will start in net for the Rangers tonight as they host the Islanders. (NYR)
Georgiev was the back up on Saturday in St. Louis but hasn’t played since 1/4 in a loss to Vancouver.
Henrik Lundqvisst will be the back up with Igor Shesterkin sitting as a scratch for the second straight game.
Marc Staal’s status is TBD after he missed Saturday’s game with an upper body injury. (NYR)