- Mika Zibanejad (27)
- Brock McGinn (7) ASST: Jordan Staal (14), Jaccob Slavin (26)
- Jesper Fast (9) ASST: Artemi Panarin (50)
- Brady Skjei (8) ASST: Ryan Strome (37), Mika Zibanejad (31)
- PPG – Artemi Panarin (31) ASST: Mika Zibanejad (32), Filip Chytil (9)
- PPG – Sebastian Aho (35) ASST: Andrei Svechnikov (32), Jaccob Slavin (27)
- EN – Ryan Strome (16) ASST: Jacob Trouba (18)
- They are still 4-5-6 points out and there are still so many teams bunched up, but this team is playing as if the playoffs are realistic. They are playing better defense overall, they are scoring and getting continued development from their young players, especially Adam Fox and Ryan Lindgren. Those two have just been outstanding.
- The biggest reason for that belief is in goal as Igor Shesterkin continues to be excellent in net and recall how often Henrik Lundqvist carried the Rangers in the past. Shesterkin just looks so calm in net and as if nothing can rattle him. I think the Rangers will just keep riding him for as long as they can.
- They got some luck tonight with pucks bouncing off Carolina players and in, but the Rangers played a strong game, pushed offensively and got big goals from their best players.
- Short of the Rangers getting bowled over by an offer they can’t refuse, Chris Kreider isn’t being traded. It may take until Monday, but he will ultimately sign long-term and become the bridge from the past to the future.
- Tomorrow against San Jose certainly has the makings of a trap or let down game after this playoff-type game and Tuesday’s against the Islanders, but with the steps this team has taken during the year, they should be able to get past that and continue their winning ways.