- Jesper Fast (10) ASST: Artemi Panarin (51), Ryan Strome (38)
- Joe Thornton (3) ASST: Timo Meier (20), Mario Ferraro (7)
- PPG – Joe Thornton (4) ASST: Brent Burns (30), Kevin Labanc (18)
- Mika Zibanejad (28) ASST: Artemi Panarin (52)
- Jesper Fast (11) ASST: Jacob Trouba (20), Ryan Strome (39)
- 3: Joe Thornton
- 2: Jesper Fast
- 1: Igor Shesterkin
- The Rangers have needed to thank Igor Shesterkin for a lot of the points they have picked up with him in goal, but maybe none moreso than tonight. The Rangers were more than a few steps slow in the first and struggled to get going until midway through the second period and were only in the game because of Shesterkin. Zibanejad tied it, Fast scored in the third and Shesterkin was there to stop everything put towards him.
- With this game between last night in Carolina and the Isles on Tuesday, this had all the makings of a trap game and the first period certainly fit that. Ultimately though they found a way to win and keep pushing toward a playoff spot.
- Next up on the ice is the Islanders but before that, it’s the trade deadline. Finally we will get a resolution on Chris Kreider. I think he will ultimately re-sign at some point on Monday, but it’s no slam dunk. The playoff push will reportedly not have an impact on their decision making, but it’s hard to see a move that messes with the good feeling this team has. We will know soon enough.