6/23/20 | Ryan Lindgren has also returned to NY. (NY Post)
6/23/20 | Igor Shesterkin and Pavel Buchnevich have returned to New York and Kaapo Kakko and Alex Georgeiv are planning to return to NY from Finland on Friday. (NY Post)
6/13/20 | Artemi Panarin, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal and Adam Fox were on the ice on Saturday. (NYR)
6/11/20 | 9:33PM: Igor Shesterkin is skating in Florida with, among others, Alex Ovechkin. (TSN)
6/9/20 | According to the NY Post, Chris Kreider, Marc Staal, Adam Fox, Brendan Smith, Brendan Lemieux and Phil Di Giuseppe all took part in workouts today at the MSG Training Center as part of Phase Two of the NHL’s Return to Play Plan.
Phase Two, according to the NHL, allowed teams to reopen their training facilities feature:
- “Player-only” non-contact skates. No coaches, skating coaches, other Club employees or Club contracted representatives may participate in any on-ice sessions;
- On-ice time shall be divided equally between the skaters within each small group (goaltenders may be provided additional ice time). When Players are not participating in on-ice activities they will be permitted to utilize the Club’s exercise and weight room equipment, or receive individual treatment from the Club’s Medical/ Trainingstaff
- Weight training that does not include the need for a spotter;
- Circuit-based activities such as resistance training;
- Cardiovascular exercises and endurance training; and
- Rehabilitation and treatment for Players with on-going disabling injuries and for Players with non-disabling injuries, may be provided as directed by Club Medical/ Training staff
Artemi Panarin and Julien Gauthier are other Rangers who are local but did not skate today, according to the NY Post.
Henrik Lundqvist has been on the ice in Sweden for the last few weeks, Kaapo Kakko has posted videos on his Instagram of himself on the ice and Igor Shesterkin is expected to remain and train in Florida.