6:55PM: The lines for tonight are (MSG):
- Kreider, Zibanejad, Kakko
- Panarin, Strome, Blackwell
- Lafreniere, Chytil, Gauthier
- Lemieux, Rooney, Howden
- Miller, Trouba
- Lindgren, Hajek
- Reunanen, Brendan Smith
6:41PM: David Quinn spoke before the game and said (NYR):
- Did you consult with the league when you cancelled the morning skate, “consultation with the league.”
- Were you and the league confident in playing tonight, “yes, that is obviously what the league thinks and how we feel. They are in Covid protocol.”
- On Reunanen, “he’s done a good job in Hartford, we liked him in training camp, he’s a guy we thought highly of. Plays fast, moves the puck well and is excited to get his first NHL opportunity and we are excited to have him.”
- On Vitali Kravtsov’s status, “not sure about that.”
- On Igor Shesterkin’s status, “It’s a situation that really is day to day. Sometimes there is progress, sometimes there is not. We really are day to day with him and not sure when he will come back.”
- On Jack Johnson, “He wasn’t available today, we will know more tomorrow about what his situation is going to be.”
5:57PM: Keith Kinkaid starts in goal and Brett Howden and Julien Gauthier will come back into the lineup.
5:44PM: Reunanen is expected to play tonight. (NYR)
5:28PM: The NHL has announced that Adam Fox and Pavel Buchnevich have been added to the Covid list.
Phil Di Giuseppe was added to the list yesterday and the Rangers have called up defenseman Tarmo Reunanen from Hartford. (NYR Game Notes)
The Rangers did not practice yesterday and apparently cancelled their morning skate earlier today.