- Artemi Panarin (8) (Power Play) Assists: Adam Fox (15), Ryan Strome (13)
- Alex Ovechkin (13) Assists: Evgeny Kuznetsov (10), Justin Schultz (12)
- Alex Ovechkin (14)Assists: Zdeno Chara (7), John Carlson (20)
- You knew that the Rangers weren’t going to win this game 1-0. As well as they were playing defensively and as much as they limited Washington, the Rangers needed another goal and they couldn’t get it.
- They scored on the PP in the first, but they went scoreless when it mattered with their two chances in the third. Not only did they not score, they didn’t generate all that much and once the second PP ended it just seemed like a matter of moments before the Caps would tie it, and they did.
- The Rangers had Fox and Lindgren on with them, and they were broken plays, but the two goals by Ovechkin came with the Rangers fourth line on the ice.
- If the Rangers play like they did for the first 55 minutes tonight, they are likely to win more games than they lose, but that won’t matter if they only get one goal.
- They run it back tomorrow against the Caps and the biggest question for the Rangers will be who starts in net. Alex Georgiev wasn’t that busy, but he struggled in his last back to back and it would be three starts in four nights, with Buffalo on Monday as well. I think we could see Keith Kinkaid tomorrow and then possibly Igor Shesterkin’s return on Monday. The Caps though will get Tom Wilson back after his latest suspension, for boarding, and I’d bet he makes a beeline for Ryan Lindgren the first chance he gets.