6:11 PM: Gerard Gallant spoke earlier today and said some of the following (NYR):
- Will Barron play quickly, “not sure yet, we’ll make up the lines. Option skate today and we will see where everyone is at and decide tomorrow.”
- Was there any attempt to talk to Kravtsov, “That’s not my department, right now I don’t know what’s going on with it. Dru’s talking to him daily I’m sure with the agents, but now it’s, I don’t know much information about it.”
- On Julien Gauthier, “it’s always tough decisions, there’s no doubt about it. He’s a good kid, he’s played well, he worked hard for us. And then you look at our lineup and you say well maybe we need a penalty killer here and maybe we need the type of player here so that that all goes into the fact that you don’t see it when you make in your mind with your coaches and your staff, as we look at the look at different things and again I want to play everybody there’s nothing worse for a coach and telling guys they can’t play, but that’s part of our job that we have to do…”
- Have you considered Barclay Goodrow at center, “no, not really. ….He can play center, LW, RW and right now we are happy with him playing on the right side….He’s one of those utility guys, he’ll do anything and won’t complain about it…”
- Is Strome possible for tomorrow, “Covid protocol….ask the Covid guys, I don’t know.”
- Who will replace Kakko, “yea….not telling you (laugh)”
1:45 PM: The Rangers have announced that both Ryan Strome (Covid Protocol) and Kaapo Kakko (Upper Body, IR) will not practice tonight.
They have also announced that Morgan Barron has been called up from Hartford.