- Chris Kreider (18) (Shorthanded) Unassisted
- Braden Schneider (5) Assists: Artemi Panarin (34), Vitali Kravtsov (3)
- Filip Chytil (10) Assists: Ryan Lindgren (13), Jimmy Vesey (7)
- Joel Armia (1) Assists: Arber Xhekaj (8), Jake Evans (7)
- Filip Chytil (11) (Empty Net) Assists: Adam Fox (32), K’Andre Miller (16)
- The Rangers took care of business against a team that they should have and needed to beat. It wasn’t the prettiest, most exciting or dominating win, but it was a win in what could have easily been a trap game with Carolina this past Tuesday and a big game with the Devils on Saturday.
- I expected that Jaro Halak would start against Montreal, his former team, and he was solid again. He didn’t need to be anything more than that and it’s another win for him.
- The lines seem to be going pretty well right now and guys seem comfortable and situated in their spots….at the moment.
- The Devils have one game in hand but the Rangers are now just one point below them in the standings. A few weeks ago the idea of the Rangers being this close to the Devils, and with a chance to jump over them seemed absurd, but the Devils have been struggling and, with very few exceptions, the Rangers have been winning and piling up points.
- Saturday is also Game 41 for the Rangers in what has been a very up and down first half of the season. At times they have looked awful and like a team that deserved to be nowhere near the playoffs and at other times, especially recently, like a team more than capable of getting back to the Eastern Conference Final.