- Pierre-Luc Dubois (24) (Power Play) Assists: Josh Morrissey (46), Nikolaj Ehlers (17)
- Mark Scheifele (33) Assists: Kyle Connor (38), Neal Pionk (17)
- Kyle Connor (26) Assists: Mason Appleton (6), Josh Morrissey (47)
- Vincent Trocheck (16) Assists: Vladimir Tarasenko (21)
- Mark Scheifele (34) Assists: Kyle Connor (39), Mason Appleton (7)
- This reminded me a lot of some of the Rangers wins from last season except that Winnipeg played the role of the Rangers and the Rangers played the role of the loser. The Rangers had the puck most of the games, had a ton of shots and some really good chances, but they were met with a great goaltending performance. On the other side, the Jets didn’t have a ton of offensive chances, but they converted, got a PP goal and their big guys led the way.
- They had their chances and against another goalie this might have been a different game, but Connor Hellebuyck was on his game and made everything look easy. They had their PP opportunities, but this just felt like one of those games where it wasn’t going to go their way. The PP wasn’t going to connect, their best chances were getting stopped and while they didn’t play a terrible game, they seemed to run out of their “find a way” magic.
- Igor Shesterkin continues to just be fine, but fine isn’t going to be good enough. He’s still making some really good saves, but he’s not making as many as he did last season. The Rangers have been able to outscore teams during this run the last couple of months and so Igor’s performance has sort of been able to slide under the radar. But on a night like tonight, where he was the second best goalie on the ice by a lot, it’s very noticeable. He’ll probably get back in on Thursday and get an opportunity to get back on track.
- The winning streak ended on Saturday and the 10-game points streak ends tonight. They weren’t going to be able to find a way to win every night and going through some adversity now is not a bad thing….as long as they stop this slide on Thursday.
- They travel to Detroit on Thursday for a game against a Red Wings team that is far down in the standings, but only four points out of the playoffs and with five games in hand. On Saturday they get the reeling Capitals in Washington and then they return to MSG next Sunday against LA.