- Alexis Lafreniere (11) Assists: Kaapo Kakko (19), Filip Chytil (17)
- Vincent Trocheck (18) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (33), Chris Kreider (17)
- Vincent Trocheck (19) Assists: Adam Fox (45)
- Viktor Arvidsson (18) (Power Play) Assists: Arthur Kaliyev (11), Phillip Danault (27)
- Matt Roy (9) Assists: Phillip Danault (28)
- Artemi Panarin (19) Assists: Vincent Trocheck (28)
- Mika Zibanejad (31) (Power Play) Assists: Adam Fox (46), Artemi Panarin (48)
- 3: Jacob Trouba
- 2: Adam Fox
- 1: Vincent Trocheck
- This was just a weird afternoon Leschyshyn clearing waivers, Carpenter being called up because the Rangers needed to dress 18 players, him and Schneider not playing, Miller being ejected for spitting, Mika Zibanejad leaving and returning and the fact that the Rangers actually looked like the team they had been for two months or so and won.
- When Zibanejad blocked that shot, went to the ice and then had to be helped off it felt like the whole season was heading into the locker room with him. He’s their best forward, most important two-way player, biggest PP threat and just so important that losing him could only lead to bad thoughts….then he came out for the third period, scored and while I’m sure he is in pain, the hopes for the season remain.
- This was an important win because it ended the losing streak, but also because they needed a win to head into these two off days. They got back to a lot of their game tonight, got some nice breaks, got excellent goaltending and when they next hit the ice they may, or maybe not until Thursday, have Patrick Kane.
- Because they are under the cap the Rangers had to dress 18 players, but holding out Braden Schneider, and to a lesser extent, Ryan Carpenter, was both safe, so that they can be sent to Hartford to accrue more cap space before Wednesday’s game, but risky because it leaves you with only five defensemen and 11 forwards. Then they went down to four defensemen after K’Andre Miller was ejected for spitting. They have two days between games for the defense to rest, but it’s just a bizarre situation for those guys. Luckily it didn’t backfire and they were able to pick up the win.
- Good for Ben Harpur playing 28 minutes.
- Igor Shesterkin had a terrific bounce back and looked the best he has in some time. That, plus Mika Zibanejad returning for the third, is maybe the most important takeaway from tonight.
- So now they get back to work with their calculators and figure out whether Patrick Kane will skate out on Wednesday night, Thursday night or next Saturday in Boston.