- Jimmy Vesey (11) Assists: Tyler Motte (11), Barclay Goodrow (20)
- Chris Kreider (36) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (49), K’Andre Miller (34)
- Niko Mikkola (1) Assists: Mika Zibanejad (50), Patrick Kane (35)
- Vincent Trocheck (22) Assists: Vladimir Tarasenko (31)
- This was just an easy game for the Rangers. They played well against basically a preseason lineup for Columbus. They did what was needed, gave Igor Shesterkin a relatively quiet night and came away without any noticeable injuries.
- No matter the opponent, it’s pretty encouraging to see Chris Kreider on a bit of a scoring streak. He’s had a pretty quiet 36 goal season and he is hopefully heating up at the right time.
- I was surprised that Patrick Kane played and figured that we wouldn’t see him until Game 1. He looked fine out there and made some plays. I guess he wanted to get back in and thought it was more important to try and get his game in order rather than sit for two weeks between games.
- I like Kane on the line with Zibanejad and Kreider. They had some nice moments tonight and I think that stylistically they could mesh.
- The Kid Line didn’t score, but they did what they had been doing and created chances.
- I wasn’t sure about Niko Mikkola when he kept taking penalties in his first few games, but over the last few weeks he has played his role nicely, stepped up to play with Adam Fox when Lindgren was out and fits nicely with Braden Schneider on the third pair.
- Hartford just clinched a playoff spot and I wonder what that means for the taxi squad when the Rangers start the playoffs.
- Next up is Buffalo on Monday, Toronto on Thursday and then a trip to either New Jersey or Carolina the following Monday or Tuesday.