- Tyler Toffoli (1) Assists: Simon Nemec (1), Jack Hughes (3)
- Erik Gustafsson (1) Assists: Braden Schneider (1), Will Cuylle (1)
- Jesper Bratt (1) Assists: Kevin Bahl (2), Luke Hughes (1)
- Michael McLeod (2) (Empty Net) Unassisted
- Brennan Othmann (1) Assists: Erik Gustafsson (2), K’Andre Miller (1)
- The big thing from this game was seeing how Alexis Lafreniere looked on the right side of Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider. I think that we’ll see that trio at least one more time in the preseason. They had a couple of moments and while I think that Lafreniere’s skill set fits with those two, I also want to see Kaapo Kakko there.
- With it being preseason and with Artemi Panarin and Filip Chytil being banged up it’s hard to get a read on where Peter Laviolette sees Kaapo Kakko. It would seem like he views him on a line with Vincent Trocheck, but it remains to be seen if Trocheck will return to his spot with Panarin or if the Rangers are going to really give Chytil a chance in that spot. Getting Lafreniere going is clearly priority one, but they need to keep building with Kakko.
- I’d assume that Erik Gustafsson will start the season next to Braden Schneider, but I think Zac Jones will also get some games. He needs waivers so it’s hard to see him not making the team out of camp, but Gustafsson’s familiarity with Peter Laviolette likely gives him the edge.
- Will Cuylle and Brennan Othmann are sure going to make it tough for the Rangers not to keep one of them on the third line. Even if they don’t make the team out of camp, I don’t think it will be too long before one of them forces their way onto the team.
- Igor Shesterkin was very good.
- Another one tomorrow against the Islanders.