What John Davidson said on Tuesday about #1, the Carolina series and Henrik Lundqvist

4:41PM: John Davidson was a guest on The Michael Kay Show today and said (ESPN 98.7):  What was your reaction to #1, “I was sitting in my media room in my home and went to my good luck chair, when the balls were in the air I couldn’t watch. I covered my eyes, looked away, didn’t know until my wife started screaming that the Rangers got the pick. I was…

Read More


Ad

What the Rangers could be getting in Alexis Lafreniere

In listing Alexis Lafreniere at #1 in their rankings, NHL Central Scouting describes him as an “exceptionally smart player with top-end speed and pull-away gear.” They add, “great at carrying the puck and leading rushes. Executes under pressure and has great vision and anticipation – very good quickness with the puck and exceptional ability to change speed. Elite puck skills and vision to create plays in the offensive zone. Central…

Read More


Ad

What Jeff Gorton and Alexis Lafreniere said after the Rangers got #1

Jeff Gorton and Alexis Lafreniere met with the media following the Rangers winning the #1 overall pick (NHL): Jeff Gorton: On what getting #1 does for the Rangers and Alexis fitting in, (Audio Issues) “I’m sure Ranger fans everywhere were pretty excited when the ball came up Rangers.” Is Lafreniere a slam dunk pick, “Listen, I’m from the school that we will take some time and let it all settle…

Read More


Ad

The Rangers will pick #1 overall in the 2020 Draft

6:17PM: The New York Rangers have won Phase Two of the 2020 NHL Draft Lottery and will pick #1 overall. LW Alexis Lafreniere is expected to be selected #1 overall. The Rangers had a 12.5% chance at picking #1, 25% chance of picking #10 and a 62.5% chance at picking #11. Jeff Gorton spoke right after the drawing and said: Does this soften the blow of losing to Carolina, “no…

Read More


Ad

The options for the Rangers pick tonight

The Second Phase of the NHL’s Draft Lottery is tonight at 6PM and the Rangers will either be awarded the #1 overall pick, #10 or #11. They can get the #1 pick by winning the draft lottery. Each team that lost in the qualifying round has an equal 12.5% chance at #1. They can pick #10 if either Minnesota OR Winnipeg, who are below them in the standings, win the…

Read More


Ad

What Mika Zibanejad and others have said following the end of the Rangers season

Mika Zibanejad and some of his teammates have posted messages on social media following last Wednesday’s elimination by Carolina. View this post on Instagram Had to take some time to gather my thoughts after this playoffs. It was an incredibly disappointing ending to a season with a lot of positives and also some growing pains. I know it was disappointing for all of us but I know we will come…

Read More